Thursday 21 December 2006

prayer

k im gonna try to not muck up the html in this post!

praying! what ive been thinking about today is:
how do we pray, like what do we say? prayers in churches are so structured and formed, but how would that work in a normal conversation? dont get me wrong im sure there right in the right situation, but isnt prayer ment to be a normal conversation? if i went up to my dad and said my piece then said in tims name amen... hes going to think ive lost it!
ok you've got to have respect for god, but talking to him normaly is a must. conversation is a must for any relationship to grow... its the same with god.

thats just whats been crossing my mind today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a huge amount of tradition involved in the C of E, and a lot of the fromality of the prayers in Church stem from this.
I think, as with most things, there is a balance to be found.

- I did have another point to make, but it's late and I've forgotten it !

Something for you to think about, is there a difference between praying to 'Father God' and praying to 'Jesus'

Rozi said...

hmmm isnt father god and jesus the same thing like a prayer redirected thingy they all go 2 the same person cause of the trinity three in one thing god jesus and holy spirit?
hahah yea! mr what are you doing up that late?!! AND on a weekday! tehe!